Winter Challenge: Christmas Cookie Baubles
This term, our Purple Challenge Competition is to bake and decorate Christmas Cookie Baubles. Mrs Lee, our Practical Cookery teacher, has shared this simple cookie recipe from Leiths Cookery School at Queenswood.
Mrs Lee would like you to cut your cookies into circle shapes and decorate three of them in the style of Christmas baubles. Take one picture of the three baubles all together for the competition. You can use icing, edible glitter, sprinkles, ready-made roll-out icing – whatever you like. Make sure an adult helps you when you’re using the oven.
BASIC COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
- 110g margarine
- 55g caster sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 20g small chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and stir well to form a dough.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut sized balls and put them onto a baking tray.
- Flatten them slightly with a fork.
- Cook for approx. 13-15 mins until light golden brown..
- Wait until they are cool and decorate them as a Christmas bauble.
Please use the form below to upload a picture of your cookies no later than Monday 9 January 2023 for a chance to win £30 of Bookshop.org vouchers.
This competition has now closed but please look out for next term's activity.