Year 7: Walking and Baking for Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice
Friday 26 February 2021
This half term, Year 7 pupils are busy walking, running and baking to raise money for Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice in Barnet.
Year 7 Go The Distance
Every day, pupils are encouraged to log the distances they travel on foot. They're aiming to cover 10,000 km by the end of the Spring Term, and the graphic below visualises how far they've travelled so far.
Year 7 Bake-Off
Meanwhile, for those who enjoy flexing their culinary skills, we're running a Year 7 Bake-Off competition. Every week there's a different theme, and pupils and staff can pay £2.50 to enter a photograph of their creation. A Star Baker will be announced each week. The themes are as follows:
- Week 1 – Queenswood. Be as creative as you like. Deadline: Sunday 28 February.
- Week 2 – Brownies of your choice. Try new ingredients! Deadline: Sunday 7 March
- Week 3 – Savoury Bakes (pastries/breads). Deadline: Sunday 14 March
- Week 4 – Dessert Week. Deadline: Saturday 20 March.
- Week 5 – Showstopper! As spectacular as you like. Deadline: Thursday 25 March
About Noah's Ark Children's Hospice
Noah's Ark Children's Hospice helps families make every precious moment count.
They help seriously unwell children and their families make the most of the special time they have together. The majority of babies and children they support are unlikely to reach their 18th birthday. The staff and volunteers provide clinical, emotional and practical support to families across North and Central London and Hertsmere.
They make sure children and families have access to the support they need, where they need it: in their homes and at The Ark, their state-of-the-art children’s hospice building in Barnet.