String Day 2014
Tuesday 18 March 2014
Serenade for String Orchestra by Michael Short
In association with the Junior Department at the Royal Academy of Music, Queenswood hosted the fifth annual String Day on 16 March.
Over 90 young string players, including Q students, convened to form two ‘scratch’ ensembles. Over the course of the day, they rehearsed under the guidance of tutors from the RAM and Queenswood’s Music Department, before performing to an appreciative audience in the Old Pool Hall.
All performances are available to watch on Queenswood’s Vimeo Channel.
String Ensemble (directed by Christos Kokkinos)
- Canon (Pachelbel, arr. Kokkinos)
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Mozart, arr. Kokkinos)
- The Wind that Shakes the Barley (arr. Graff/Kokkinos)
String Orchestra (directed by Julia Jasinski)
- Legato Ostinato (Richard Edwards)
- Downton Abbey Theme (John Lunn)
- Serenade for String Orchestra (Michael Short)