Queenswood Summer Sports Round-up
Monday 21 September 2015
We are extremely proud of our girls’ many sporting achievements during the summer holidays.
- For some the summer season has only just ended. Sports Scholar Hannah Williams has had an incredible summer, first representing the GB Athletics Team in the World Youth Games in Rio, before travelling to Samoa to represent the England Athletics Team in the Youth Commonwealth Games. It was a job well done for Hannah, with a 6th Place and a 4th Place respectively.
- Year 9 Sports Scholar Shakka Egbo also impressed, securing a 2nd Place performance at the South of England U15 Championships in the High Jump. Her PB of 1.57m places her just outside the top 20 for her age in the Power of 10 current rankings.
- Junior Scholar Ellie Gilmore has been selected for the Middlesex Southern Inter Counties and has had recent success at the Middlesex Road Relays, taking 1st Place with her Highgate Harriers teammates.
- The Tennis Scholars started their summer season in fantastic style by becoming National Champions for the fourth time in five years in the Aberdare Cup. Incredibly, they only dropped one match during the whole tournament.
- Ema Lazic (Lower Sixth) has had a tremendously successful summer. She was selected for the GB team in the European U18 Summer Cup; the team finished fifth in Europe.She has now achieved a world ranking of 96 in the Junior ITF Rankings.
- Olivia Peet (Year 11) represented Lancashire in the Women’s County Cup Division 1 at Eastbourne, becoming the youngest ever player to play in this division. She also reached the last 16 of the U16/U18 British Nationals and the quarter finals of the U18 Doubles.
- Noni Charlton (Year 10) also achieved some fantastic result,s becoming the Framlingham Grade 3 U14 Doubles winner and the U16 Doubles runner-up. She then went on to become the Frinton Grade 3 U14/U16 Singles runner-up.
- Arabella Moen (Year 8), currently ranked second in the country for her age group, had a great summer. She won the Letchworth Summer Open Grade 3 U16 Singles and was U14 runner-up with her doubles partner (from France) at the Tennis Europe Event in Paola, Malta.
- Arabella Moen and Annabel Davis (Year 8 – pictured left) continued their winning form at the Leverstock Green Grade 3 tournament becoming U14 Doubles champions.
- At the end of term 14 fortunate Queenswood girls toured Sri Lanka, impressing the local press with their performance against the national school champions and embracing a diverse and vibrant culture. Donations were made to an elephant sanctuary and to the Foundation of Goodness Pre-school.
View more photographs
A number of Queenswood Hockey players have just been successful in their selection for the Tier 1 JRPC competition.
Maddy Wray and Chloe Munro
join the U16s, while Millie Davies
has been selected for the U15s. We wish the girls the best of luck in the next stage of the England single system.
- Two Hockey scholars who left Queenswood in the summer of 2015 have enjoyed great success. Alice Wills took home Bronze with the England U18 Hockey Team at the European Championships this summer, while Chrissy Horn has started her hockey career in the states as a Sports Scholar at ODU – she was quick to be awarded the accolade of ‘Rookie of the Week’.
Other Sporting Achievements
- Elite sportswoman Collette Bacon (Year 10) has been successful in repeating her selection for the U20 GBR Sailing Team.