Queenswood Sport – October Half-Term Round-Up
Friday 13 November 2015
Congratulations to the following on their recent sporting successes:
- Maddy Dean (Year 7) achieved a Silver medal at the Bucks Open Level 2 Championship. At the Hertfordshire Acrobatic Gymnastics and Tumbling Championships on Saturday 8 November, her Acro trio group (grade 4) won gold, while she picked up an individual bronze for tumbling (national 2).
- Ellie Gilmore (Year 8) scored 2nd Place in the Team Kata and 13th Place individually in the Kata at the National Karate Finals.
- After changing clubs and moving up a division, Holly Hodgskinson (Year 8) had a great first race to come home 4th in Division One.
- Maddy Wray (Year 11) captained the U16 Saxon Tigers Team to success at the Futures Cup Hockey Tournament. We wish her the best of luck for selection for the National Age Group squad (NAGs).
- Jessica Hurley (Year 11) – was placed 12th at the National Cross Country Team Relays with her Shaftsbury Barnet teammates.
- Queenswood Fencers Gabby Mazzoni (Y10), Anna Dunham (Y11) & Kaya Smith (Y9) have been selected to represent the East of England at the Cadet (U17) National Team Event. It is excellent to see such a strong representation from Queenswood- the team comprises four competitors in total, three of whom are Q girls!
- Victoria Mangan (Lower Sixth) was selected for the England Under 18 Rounders squad.
- The U13 Tennis Team (Bella Moen, Annabel Davis, Charlotte Tatham and Megan Langley) beat Coopers Company & Coburn School to progress to the Regional Tennis Finals on November 16.
- Ema Lazic (Lower Sixth) has improved her Junior ITF Tennis ranking by 20 places to number 78 in the World after competing in Japan, and has earned a wild card entry to a Pro tournament in Bath.
- And, finally, to all the Year 7, 8 and 9 girls who went on the Junior Barcelona Hockey Tour – very well played!