Operation Christmas Child: Bringing Joy, One Shoebox at a Time
Thursday 9 November 2023
Grace Yong, Charities Prefect at Queenswood, explains how pupils and staff can join in with Operation Christmas Child 2023 and bring hope and joy to children in need around the world.
I am delighted to share that as part of our Christmas charity initiative, this year Queenswood pupils and staff can donate shoeboxes to Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child. The charity aims to show God’s love in a tangible way to children in need around the world.
Samaritan’s Purse is involved in helping people all over the world who are affected by war, poverty, famine, disease and natural disasters and the organisation campaigns to transform lives. Through the shoebox operation, a Christmas gift is given to children made by anyone around the world. In making a shoebox, you will be enabling more children around the world to feel love and joy!
In addition to buying gifts for the shoebox, Samaritan’s Purse ask for a donation of £5.00 per shoebox to cover its operational costs. If you would like to donate a shoebox, here is what you need to do:
- Find an empty, medium-sized shoebox.
- Wrap the shoe box and lid separately in nice paper and fill the shoe box with gifts. Please see here for a list of gift suggestions and items that are not permitted.
- Click here to make a donation of £5.00 to Operation Christmas Child to cover postage.
- Print off the barcode and place it on top of the gifts you have packed.
- Place the lid on the shoe box; do not seal the box but put an elastic band around it to keep the shoe box and the lid together.
- Bring the completed shoebox into School by Thursday 16th November 2023.
We will take the shoebox to the donation point on Monday 20th November 2023. It would be great if each student gave at least one shoebox for this worthwhile cause. Thank you for your participation.
Grace (Q Charity Prefect)