Inter-House Film Making Competition – Entry Deadline 19 March
Friday 12 March 2021
The entry deadline of 19 March is fast approaching for our next House event, the Inter-House Film Making Competition! Your films should ideally be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes long and can be about anything you choose.
If you need inspiration, here are some film ideas :
- Express Yourself in a short video that captures who you are as a person. Tell us about your likes, dislikes, strengths, interests, dreams and passions.
- Using old photographs and family stories you've been told, make a film about a Special Relative
- Keep looking forward and make a video about all of the Big Plans you have for when lockdown is over - then make them happen!
- Get Moving and make a workout video
- Try a new twist on a film already made like The Secret Life of My Pets
When you have recorded your footage, like the Queenswood Media Club, you may wish to experiment with WeVideo. This is a free, cloud-based editing platform that allows users of all skill levels, to create professional-style videos and podcasts. You could experiment with WeVideo to add title clips, background music and narration. Here is a short WeVideo tutorial to get you started:
Alternatively for Apple users, here is another useful tutorial on how to edit your footage in iMovie:
So, this, weekend why not get your film ‘in the can’ and earn some valuable points for your House?