Weekend Fun: Make the Queen’s Easter Biscuits
Friday 26 March 2021
For some Easter themed fun this weekend, why not have a go at making these beautiful Spiced Easter Biscuits. The recipe was shared by the Royal pastry chefs this week and the delightful biscuits are a favourite with Her Majesty The Queen.
To show the Royal pastry chefs your creations tag #RoyalBakes on social media channels.
Find the full recipe and method below:
350g plain flour
5g bicarbonate of soda
10g ground ginger
125g unsalted butter
175g light soft brown sugar
60g golden syrup
2 egg whites
600g icing sugar
Food colouring of your choice!
• Preheat the oven to 170 C // 340 F
• Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices in a bowl
• Add the diced butter and mix until a crumb texture
• Add the sugar
• Once all of the above is combined, add the egg and golden syrup
• Mix until a dough is formed
• Roll the dough to a thickness of 5mm
• Use biscuit cutters or a paper pattern to cut into desired shape
• Place the biscuits on a non-stick mat, or parchment paper and bake on the middle shelf for 12-15 minutes
• Bake until the biscuits maintain their shape when touched and are golden in colour
• Cool completely before icing
• Add 1 egg white to 600g of icing sugar and beat until smooth
• The icing should pipe smoothly and be able to hold when piped as a line
• To cover all the biscuits with icing add extra egg white to thin the mixture
• Decorate and enjoy!