Returning to School: September 2020
Saturday 15 August 2020
Guidance Notes for Parents and Guardians
Click on the icons below to view in full screen, download or print this document.
Video Guide for Pupils
Protocol for suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19
Government guidance will be followed. However, the basic outline is as follows:
SUSPECTED CASE OUT OF SCHOOL
- Staff and girls must stay at home if they have Covid-19 symptoms until they have had a test. If it proves to be negative, they may return to school if they feel well enough. If the test is positive, they must stay at home for a minimum of ten days and must not return until they they have fully recovered.
- Staff and girls must book a test, self-isolate and quarantine for 14 days if they are in the household of someone with symptoms.
SUSPECTED CASE IN SCHOOL
- A pupil with Covid-19 symptoms will be immediately sent to the designated isolation area in school.
- Day pupils and Flexible Boarders - their parent or guardian will be contacted and asked to collect their child from school straight away and the pupil will then need to be tested, this is to be organised by the parents.
- Full Boarders - they will be tested as per NHS Test and Trace and be isolated from the school community until the results of the test are known.
- Any girl who returns a negative result will be able to resume normal school life.
- Day girls and Flexible Boarders who return a positive test result must remain at home for ten days and will then only return to school when they feel better.
- Full Boarders who return a positive test result will be cared for in the school isolation wing until such time as the guardian or parent can collect them. It is expected that collection will happen swiftly.
- Staff caring for pupils with confirmed Covid-19 will wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The school will follow guidance from Public Health England (PHE) and NHS Test and Trace in terms of wider isolation guidance in all cases.The School will immediately notify the local Public Health England team in the event of a positive result.